Through award-winning academics or championship caliber extracurriculars, Rolling Hills students enjoy an array of opportunities for academic and personal growth.
Who benefits from Rolling Hills Local School District?
Rolling Hills strives to push boundaries and encourage students to develop the skills contribute positively to society and their communities. Students from grades pre-K to 12 are immersed in a technology-embedded learning environment that fosters creativity, innovation and 21st-century thinking.
- 1:1 iPad devices
- Access to Smart Boards and Apple TVs in each classroom
- STEM Integration programs at Primary Buildings (Secrest and Byesville)
- M.A.K.E.R.S. Space at the Intermediate Building (Brook Intermediate)
- C.O.L.T.S. Club 21st CLC, After School Program for grades 1st-5th
- M.A.K.E.R.S. Academy 21st CLC, After School Program for grades 6th-8th
- S.W.A.T. Team, Technology Club at Middle School Building (Meadowbrook Middle School)
- Science Club at Middle School Building (Meadowbrook Middle School)
- Apple Distinguished School, 2018-2021 students and teachers continue to push creative and innovative boundaries (Meadowbrook Middle School)
- Colt College, in-house College Program (Meadowbrook High School)
- T.E.A.C.H., Today’s Educators All Choose Home facilitates opportunities pursuing the teaching career (Meadowbrook High School)
- Plumbers and Pipefitters Union LU495 pre-apprenticeship program, enabling students to leave high school employed AND in the Union 495
- Real-Estate Licensing Program, students leave high school as licensed realtors (Meadowbrook High School)
Did You Know?
- 2018: Apple Distinguished School distinction to Middle School highlights the success as an innovative and compelling learning environment, Colt College 12 credentialed professors on staff, 200 different course offerings, and Nationally Recognized by ASSA
- 2017: Creation of T.E.A.C.H. Academy, K-5 receive FREE breakfast and lunch, District of Distinction Award, Colt College 150+ courses providing $1,066,00 in FREE college tuition with over 2100 semester hours, Elimination of Pay to Play
- 2016: BASA Exemplary Leadership Award, creation. of C.O.L.T.S. Club 21st CLC
- 2015: Foxfire East Academy to help students find an alternative pathway, 1900 iPads and 130 MacBooks to create 1:1 devices
- 2014: SOAR Awards for Significant Progress, Momentum Award for Tremendous Achievement by ODE
- 2013: Creation of Colt College, delivered 8 courses to 23 students at 204 semester hours earned
- 2012: Received “Excellent” Rating on State Report Card
Various Clubs and Organizations:
- FFA (Future Farmers of America)
- Interact (affiliated with Rotary)
- Environmental and Photography Club
- Spirit Squad
- FCCLA (Family, Career, and Community Members of America)
- Hope Squad
- FCA (Fellowship of Christian Athletes)
- National Honor Society
- Student Council
- Brook Singers
- DECA (Club for Business, Marketing, and Management students)
- Technology Club
- Cinematic Club
3 Great Reasons to Choose RHLSD
Rolling Hills continues to lead the way in creating innovative solutions and programs; such as Colt College, T.E.A.C.H., Plumbers and Pipefitters Union 495, Real Estate License and more to provide students with the opportunity and a chance to succeed in great careers.
21st Century Learning
In today’s constantly changing world, Rolling Hills Local School District takes pride in its innovative learning environments. Here, students have access to iPads, Smartboards, Apple TVs, and other stimulating, up-to-date learning experiences. At Rolling Hills, students have the world at their fingertips.
From championship caliber sports, to music, art and technology programs, Rolling Hills supports student expression through multiple means. The broad range of extracurricular activities provides an inclusive environment to give students an avenue to explore their passions, and take on the world.
What’s it like to learn at Rolling Hills
What our past students have told us:
“Through a variety of opportunities, I grow as a person.”
— Rylee Combs
“I wouldn’t want to be anything other than a Colt.”
— Zoey Caldwell
“It is fun and exciting.”
— Natalie Rogers
“Learning here is AWESOME!”
— Bane Alexander
“The teachers make learning fun by playing music while we work and making us detectives in our learning.”
— Kara Launder